Transit Special Constable Jobs. The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is looking for competent people to join its Transit Special Constable Program. As a Transit Special Constable, you will play a critical role in protecting the safety and security of TTC passengers, staff, and property. This is an incredible opportunity to join a dynamic team devoted to ensuring the safety and security of millions of daily passengers.
Transit Special Constable Jobs Notification Details
All the candidates who are looking for jobs in Cities and meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the post by filling the Online application on the main website for Latest recruitment of Toronto Transit Commission. After reading all the information like age limit, selection process, educational qualification, salary offered etc.
|Organization Name|| |
Toronto Transit Commission
|Job Type||Jobs by Cities|
|Post Name||Transit Special Constable|
|Total Vacancy||Up to 40|
|Job Location|| |
|Salary||$36.82 – $46.02|
|Job Type||Full time, Permanent|
Transit Special Constable Jobs Salary
The hourly wage for a Transit Special Constable ranges from $36.82 to $46.02 per hour.
Who can apply:
- Grade 12 or its recognized equivalent, plus many years of directly related experience in customer service/hospitality, healthcare, or social services.
- Experience working with diverse and vulnerable groups is required.
- Demonstrated ability to de-escalate tense circumstances.
- Ability to operate well in a collaborative context is required. In-depth understanding of law enforcement and security operations.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as the ability to be diplomatic, considerate, patient, and courteous while providing excellent customer service.
- Strong situational awareness, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities, as well as the capacity to utilize these abilities in difficult, challenging, and dangerous situations.
- Solid administrative and organizational abilities are required to prioritize and perform planned and unplanned duties such as investigations, patrol, law enforcement, incident and emergency response, and other assignments.
- Working knowledge of computers and software (such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and databases) is required.
- Must pass the TTC Special Constable recruitment process as well as the approved training standards.
- Annual re-qualification training is essential, as are established background investigations.
- Must be eligible to achieve and keep Special Constable status under any established Agreement.
- Have a valid, non-probationary Ontario class G driver’s license or an equivalent license from another Canadian Province or Territory.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders, including disability accommodation and accessibility standards for passengers and employees.
How to apply:
- Navigate to the careers area of the official TTC website.
- Locate the job opening for Transit Special Constable.
- To verify that you satisfy the qualifications, thoroughly read the job description and criteria.
- To access the online application form, click the “Apply Now” option.
- Fill out all of the essential information, such as your personal information, education, and professional experience.
- Include any required papers, such as a résumé and cover letter, that highlight your relevant abilities and experience.
- Check all of the information to guarantee its accuracy and completeness.
- The TTC will send you a confirmation email after you complete your application.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted for further evaluation and interviews.