Transit Operator Jobs. The City of Calgary is looking for suitable people to apply for the job of Transit Operator. The City of Calgary, which is one of the biggest employers in the area, wants to make sure that public transportation systems are reliable and work well.
For the job of Transit Operator, applicants must have a high school education or the equivalent. Experience in customer service or a related area is a plus, but it’s not required. The City of Calgary has a 25-day training program that gives people all the skills and information they need to do the job.
Transit Operator Jobs Notification Details
All the candidates who are looking for jobs in Cities and meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the post by filling the Online application on the main website for Latest recruitment of City of Calgary. After reading all the information like age limit, selection process, educational qualification, salary offered etc.
|Organization Name|| |
|Job Type||Jobs by Cities|
|Post Name||Transit Operator|
|Total Vacancy||To Be Determined|
|Job Location|| |
|Salary||$27.38 per hour during the 25 days training program; $29.21 – 36.51 per hour after training|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent|
Transit Operator Jobs Salary
Transit Operators can expect to make a reasonable hourly wage of $27.38 after they finish the training program. After training, the hourly wage can be anywhere from $29.21 to $36.51 depending on experience and how well the job is done.
Who can Apply:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have worked with people in a face-to-face setting for at least a year.
- Applicants must have a legal full Class 5 driver’s license (or the provincial equivalent) with 3 demerits or less and no suspensions or charges pending.
- Applicants must have a High School Diploma or something that is the same, like a GED. An International schooling Equivalency Assessment must be given for schooling earned outside of Canada.
- Having a current class 1 or 2 Operators License could be seen as a plus.
- Before training, applicants must have a current “Q” endorsement for air brakes.
- Applicants must pass a training class that includes getting a Calgary Transit Operator’s diploma and an Alberta Class 2 Operator’s license (training will be given).
- For this job to go well, you need to have good vocal communication skills, including the ability to listen and talk to a wide range of different people in person and over a two-way radio with the Transit Operations staff.
- Have good judgment, a high stress level, and the ability to solve problems.
How to apply:
- Visit the Calgary city website.
- Visit the “Careers” or “Employment Opportunities” area.
- Search for Transit Operator jobs.
- Read the job description, prerequisites, and compensation details to make sure you qualify.
- Prepare a resume emphasising your relevant education, experience, and qualifications.
- Click “Apply Now” or similar to open the online application form.
- Fill out the application with current information.
- Please upload your resume and other materials.
- Verify all application details.