Parliamentary Reporter Jobs. The Senate of Canada is looking for skilled people to join their team as Parliamentary Reporters. As a Parliamentary Reporter, it will be your job to correctly and fairly record and write down what happens in Parliament. This job is an exciting chance for people with great listening and reporting skills to make a difference in Canada’s political process.
For the Parliamentary Reporter programme, candidates must have a diploma or degree in journalism, communications, or a related area. Experience with court reporting, writing, or reporting on the legislature would be helpful. The person who gets the job will have to show that they can listen well, pay close attention to details, and work well under tight deadlines.
Parliamentary Reporter Jobs Notification Deatails
All the candidates who are looking for Government of Canada job and meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the post by filling the Online application on the main website for Latest recruitment of Senate of Canada. After reading all the information like age limit, selection process, educational qualification, salary offered etc.
|Organization Name||Senate of Canada|
|Job Type||Government of Canada Jobs|
|Recruitment Type||Direct Recruitment|
|Reference Number|| |
|Post Name||Parliamentary Reporter (French)|
|Total Vacancy||Number to be determined|
|Job Location||Ottawa, Ontario|
Parliamentary Reporter Jobs Salary
The Senate of Canada’s Parliamentary Reporter gets paid between $78,117 and $98,838 per year.
Who can apply:
- Have graduated from a reputable reporting school or have a high school diploma and appropriate experience as a stenographer;
- Experience doing real-time computer-aided transcriptions;
- Advanced understanding of the French language to edit, correct, and improve spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to quickly collect, analyse, prepare, organise, and keep track of material;
- It would be a plus if you had a lot of experience using a stenotype machine to report on court processes or other events like hearings.
- Having experience with subtitles or CART would be a plus;
- Having experience with the Eclipse programme would be a plus;
- A big plus would be certification from a professional reporting association or membership in a well-known professional reporting association.
- It would be helpful to know about or have experience working in a political setting.
How to apply:
- Go to the webpage for the Senate of Canada.
- Go to the “Job Openings” or “Career Opportunities” area.
- Find the job ad for the programme for Parliamentary Reporters.
- Read the job description to find out what the duties are and what skills are needed.
- To get to the application form, click the “Apply Now” or “Submit Application” button.
- Fill out the application form correctly in all of the required fields.
- Prepare your resume and highlight any experience or skills you have that are related to reporting and transcription.
- Include a cover letter if you want to show that you want the job and are committed to accurate and fair reporting.
- Your resume and cover letter should be attached to the application form.
- Check your application again to make sure it is full and correct.
- Send in your application before Last date